Tianjin concludes key events for disabled athletes
The 10th National Games for Persons with Disabilities and the Seventh National Special Olympic Games concluded in Tianjin on Sunday and the games' flags have been passed to Northwest China's Shaanxi province, the next host.
In 2021, Shaanxi will become China's first province to host triple sports galas within a year, with the 14th National Games, the 11th National Games for Persons with Disabilities and the Eighth National Special Olympic Games.
The twin events in Tianjin last week saw athletes break 124 national records and 35 world records.
"The games have helped athletes prepare for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics, the 2022 Beijing Winter Paralympics and the 19th Asian Paralympics Games in Hangzhou, also in 2022," said Zhang Haidi, chairwoman of the China Disabled Persons' Federation.
- FIBA U23 Basketball World Cup held in Lanzhou
- A different ball game at a different level
- International vertical marathon held on Hainan Island
- China reach men's team final of Gymnastics Worlds
- HK tweet by Rockets exec denounced
- Murray wins in 1st round at Shanghai Masters